SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

All these matters you raise are why I have avoided crypto as an...

1. 44,463 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    All these matters you raise are why I have avoided crypto as an investment myself... ICOs are dubious at best and whenever I've looked at these as IPOs I've suspected a scam.

But I hadn't considered that ISX may have accepted crypto as payment for services rendered and counted such as revenue. This gives the Asx search some credibility.

JK has denied that crypto has been used as payment/revenue and I prefer to believe JK - Asx credibility is low given the searching Query letters and lack of substantive evidence in the SOR.

Yet crypto currencies have been available and trading for 10 years now and have become accepted to the point where the Chinese Govt announced they were planning to release their own version of crypto last year. Crypto is accepted as legal currency by some companies. I find it difficult to understand why regulators such as RBA...

Introduction
    On 3 January 2009, the first bitcoins were created.[1] Ten years on the terms ‘bitcoin’ and ‘cryptocurrency’ are widely known. ‘How to buy bitcoin’ was the third-ranked ‘How to …’ search term in Google in 2017 (Google 2018), alongside significant growth in fraudulent and phishing spam mail related to cryptocurrencies (Kaspersky Lab 2018). However, neither Bitcoin nor the many thousands of cryptocurrencies that have followed have become widely used for payments. People are more likely to view cryptocurrencies as a speculative high-risk investment class than a payment system. In this article, we look back over the decade since the launch of Bitcoin. We examine how cryptocurrencies have changed over that period in an attempt to address some of the shortcomings of Bitcoin as a payment system – such as its volatility and scalability problems.[2] We also describe the development of ‘programmable’ cryptocurrencies. Despite these changes, we see little likelihood of a material take-up of cryptocurrencies for retail payments in Australia in the foreseeable future.[3]
    https://www.rba.gov.au/publications/bulletin/2019/jun/cryptocurrency-ten-years-on.html

I truly didn't think bitcoin and other cryptos would last as long as they have... but with such broad acceptance of crypto as more than a trading item it now seems that such should be accepted and regulated... perhaps it has more to do with the volatility of cryptos that means when spending cryptos it is like paying in USDs one day and RMB the next.

Yet why should this truly be a barrier to using crypto as revenue? Not that I approve of such as its unregulated... and maybe this is the sole reason... and the impetus for ASX to distrust ISX reported revenues.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.