AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Its a fair enough point, but i just get the sense this all could...

1. 1,022 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1165
    Its a fair enough point, but i just get the sense this all could be a first step path to the DRC government '"saving the Manono project" as mentioned in their decree, by ousting the group posited in the decree as taking the project hostage - ie. AVZ.

It's all well and good for NF to have said no negotiations, it's all spurious and without legal merit, but if he fights us into the ground and we lose our tenement (not saying we have, just that it could be headed towards that) there will surely be hell to pay.

even if we can iron the current situation out whos to say thats the end of it? This isnt doing my health any good and I'm almost at the point where I want off this ride. Ive learned some healthy lessons during these years for my future investing, i just hope i dont need to lose millions to cement that message.

1) give more thought to sovereign risk
    2) dont trust management
    3) dont trust continuous disclosure rules, ASIC is a toothless tiger. Do my own research and assess available information as it comes in
    4) dont invest in unstable highly corrupt jurisdictions
    5) take profits along the way
    6) dont have such heavy weighting of portfolio in one venture, especially a high-risk high-reward play
    7) dont trust either the cheerleaders or the agenda-driven detractors. Forge your own path
    8) cognitive biases are powerful, even if you recognise them in yourself, as i did
    9) dont always hold off on selling parcels on the way up if management keeps promising the big tick boxes are just over the horizon
    10) dont become emotionally involved, to the point where thoughts of a single investment can affect your well-being.

how just have to make sure I remind myself of these, Hope can make a man forget the past.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.