AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

My perception is that the longer this problem lasts the weaker...

1. 28 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 274
    My perception is that the longer this problem lasts the weaker AVZ's position becomes. I feel that the DRC Govt. is now getting up steam to be reelected, and they need to shore up support even with corrupt officials. When you add the Chinese influence on the economy these factors diminish the importance of AVZ and Manono. Irrespective of AVZ's legal position ( which may be relatively strong ) the only solution i see is that AVZ needs to do deals with Dathomir and Comminiere. The strategy needs to be 51% of something is better than 75% of nothing.
    Dathomir may be the easiest, and if AVZ assign their rights to Cath and they buy out Dathomir's 15% this removes one obstacle. The terms that AVZ has with Cath may include some reimbursement to AVZ on work completed to date. Cath then have 15% plus AVZ sale for 9% gives them the 24% of the project ( AVZ back to 51% ).
    By isolating Comminiere with its 20 or 25% ( ? MMCS ) AVZ can remake its offer for the 10 or 15%. AVZ have then shown that in spite of corruption, they have made an attempt to finalise the shareholder issue. This gives the DRC Govt an excuse to support AVZ by overriding Comminiere if they are being obstinate. If that doesn't work they may have to accept Zijin as a partner.
    The thrust of this scenario is to get the ML asap and be prepared to compromise. Without the ML AVZ is worth peanuts.
    AVZ also has a number of issues to also finalise. The hydro power plant, The dismissal of the outstanding fine and gaol warrant against its Director, the collaboration agreement and the SEZ.

Even if AVZ gets past this ML situation i still see pressure being applied for a takeover of Dathcom. My impression is that Chinese interests already have a strong holding in AVZ. To counteract this block AVZ needs to get more outside support from possible US or Europe corporations.

The next couple of months will be interesting and we can only hope that shareholders get some reward for their investment.

These opinions are my own and i have not relied on any information from any other person or company. Do your own research.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.