SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

Ann: ISX AGM December quarter trading update and guidance upgrade, page-29

1. 1,886 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3108
    Hi Transplant & Co.

Your post reminded me of attending agm's, but for a totally different reason.

Year ago I would purposefully invested in companies who's headquarters were on the east coast - Brisbane, Sydney, or Melbourne.

I would then attend one of the companies agm's each year in a different state. All the travel and accomodation expenses etc, were tax deductible because your an investor in the company.

After the agm you could spend some extra time doing tourist stuff, restaurants, etc, before flying or driving home. It's was a great way to get a tax deductible short break / holiday away.

With a bit of research and planning, you can have a nice break away in any capital city in Australia by attending agm's, and it's all tax deductible, or at least it was 15-20 years ago.

DYOR and check it out with your accountant before heading off, to get the latest rules of the game. Tax dept. may have slammed the door shut on this practice or really limited it. They usually take away any fun from the little guy.

Cheers
    Tradealot
    Last edited by tradealot: 30/11/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.