SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

Ann: ISX damages claim increases by $200.7m to over $464.7m, page-205

1. 1,302 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 607
    I take your point. But to be fair ASX as the only real stock exchange in Australia needs its wings clipped a fair bit. So they can just decide stuff on a whim, with no proper proof or right of appeal and that’s ok? What total bullocks. In this case, they haven’t proved any issue with the performance shares, the independent expert report found in favour of ISX in regards to their disclosure. And so what the company is stuck in limbo because the ASX doesn’t like them? Sorry such total power held by a corporate entity needs to be addressed. It’s the same problem as KL deciding one day he doesn’t like crypto stocks, and being able to suspend them without cause. There should at the very least be a right of appeal to a higher, independent body like ASIC. The way ASX has been able to remove the appeals panel and tighten the listing rules to cement its power is ridiculous. Even if you hate ISX I think everyone should cheer some of these elements being challenged in court. The releasing of the SOR, which was ASX’s opinion only and with no burden of proof, is also a huge miscarriage of justice. Why should ASIC have to prove their views in court, with a proper process, and not the ASX?. I don’t think ASX will like some of these “due process” elements being looked at in court at all, they’re running a totalitarian regime.
    Last edited by Rodeoshow: 02/09/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.