IWG 0.00% 4.0¢ iwebgate limited

I am not bitter, and have neither held, nor considered IWG...

1. 199 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 112
    I am not bitter, and have neither held, nor considered IWG shares. My interest comes from the fact that I'm the only(?) person in the discussion who has any experience with the IWG product. As I said in an earlier post, a company I am involved with tried it. It is ugly, hard to use, and ultimately failed to work properly (or at least the VIN did, and that was the bit we were interested in). We canned it.

Everyone else just seems to have bought in to the marketing. The investor presentations look great, but it is all gloss. You can draw out as many network diagrams as you like, but there is nothing game changing about VSP. It is just a Linux machine with preconfigured open source programs like Apache, and two network interfaces. Any competent network admin could make such a machine in an afternoon at no cost. It is no surprise they can't sell it or make a profit from it. I think Telstra can see that. IWG have been trying to get them involved since the old days when VSP was called "Ghost Network Platform". Go and have a look at the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine. It is all recorded there. (They registered ghostnetwork.com in 2007, so there is nothing new here.)

I am happy to let the year pan out. We will see what happens when the speculation stops and people start looking at mundane things like products and accounts. In the meantime, we all have our opinions, right?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IWG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.