IWG 0.00% 4.0¢ iwebgate limited

lol, none taken I assure you, although the fact I hang out on...

1. 199 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 112
    lol, none taken I assure you, although the fact I hang out on places like HC in my spare time doesn't reflect on my professional abilities or responsibilities.

I think you are wrong about the size of IWG's potential customers. It makes no sense to target the very big guys because they have their own network admins who can set up whatever is required themselves. Those organisations do not have much need for IWG's little box. IWG's approach of finding resellers is the correct one IMO: they want to sell to lots of small customers who do not have an easy way of getting those sorts of features into their network, and a good way to do that is to get a services company to recommend, sell and support a device which does the job. The approach makes sense. The problem is that the product needs to be extremely easy to set up and use, and the VSP's dire user interface and clunky implementation appears to mean no one wants to resell it. Resellers take on the responsibility for support, and supporting VSP installations is not a job I would care to take on.

The reason IWG are focusing on my outfit (and I have to admire their tenacity) is unclear. It might be because, with few to zero resellers working for them, they have to continue to do the sales job themselves. My personal suspicion is that they have made a solution but do not properly understand the market to aim it at. They are now actively analysing and understanding the problems it might solve. Commendable, if that is the case, but they have put the cart a long way in front of the horse.

Getting a new CE of Sales in to sort this out makes sense, but they need a product people want to buy before he is going to get anywhere.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IWG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.