GNX 0.00% 27.0¢ genex power limited

Well NAIF ignored my email; at least it did not respond to it,.A...

1. 396 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 177
    Well NAIF ignored my email; at least it did not respond to it,.

A report of corrupt conduct by NAIF has been lodged with the NACC, reference/web form ID ; 2024617724220-2635.

I pointed out the urgency involved but the NACC may well employ tried and tested delay tactics of ASIC.

On the subject of delay I sent the email below to Minister Gallagher's office this morning, to which I have not received a reply, and the received the email below it from:- Parliamentary, Governance and Strategy Branch. Very useful, I must say.

Who knows what game(s) Minister Gallagher, King and the Attorney-General are playing but the very least NAIF should be called upon to do by the responsible ministers is call a for stay to the takeover proceeding while needed amendments are made to the TRANSACTION BOOKLET.

The TRANSACTION BOOKLET should contain a clear statement as to whether or not NAIF can legally transfer the benefits of the $610 Million concessional loan to J - Power.

Such a statement should be supported by an opinion from the Commonwealth Solicitor-General, Dr Stephen Donaghue KC.

10:14 AM (7 hours ago)

to Michael, Andrew, Patrick, Louise

Dear Patrick and Louise

I just spoke with Belinda, (10.10am), to inform her that I am sending this email to you both.

The situation with the proposed purchase of Genex Power Ltd by the J - Power and associated entities has reached a crucial point.

It was announced last Friday the Foreign Investment Review Board has approved of the proposed acquisition. Now the outstanding issue is the matter of the NAIF loan. A loan made possible by the Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility Act 2016. The Act for which your Minister and Minister King are responsible.

As best I can ascertain, (assuming J - Power achieves its stated objective of total ownership), the takeover for the company is based upon the transfer of the $610 million concessional loan from Genenex to J - Power.

Are Minister Gallagher, Minister King and the Attorney-General aware of the legislative, regulatory or ministerial authority by which this transfer of the NAIF loan will be made to the foreign entity; (Electric Power DevelopmentCo,. Ltd?

NAIF's Chief Legal Officer has made the following claim:- "any changes, waivers, or consents to NAIF’s contractual arrangements occur, Minister King’s Office (NAIF’s responsible Minister) will be updated as part of NAIF’s regular communications with the Minister's Office." The possibility of changes, waivers or consent became evident with the announcement of a takeover offer on 4 March. Despite this, Minister Gallagher and King have, as far as I am aware, remained silent on an important matter concerning significant public funds.

I have, on a number of occasions. sort clarification of this from NAIF via its Chief Legal Officer, Mr Chris Collins, but the above quotation is the best I can get.

Two days ago I emailed Mr Collins and NAIF's Chair and CEO to again seek clarification.

In that email I advised that I intend to make a report to the National Anti-Corruption Commission about NAIF administration of the Genex Power Ltd loan; (which goes back to 2022).

A copy of the email is attached; along with a copy of an email to Genex Powers Ltd's legal representative and the NSW Supreme Court. (You can read them on the HotCopper website).

What is the position of Ministers Gallagher and King.

As you ought to understand there is some urgency re the promised response from Minister Gallagher.

Dear Mr HLP

Correspondence to the Minister for Finance

Thank you for your email of 31 May 2024 to Senator the Hon Katy Gallagher, Minister for Finance, Minister for Women and Minister for the Public Service concerning ASIC and Public Integrity.

As the issues raised in your correspondence fall within the responsibilities of the Assistant Treasurer and Minister for Financial Services, the Hon Stephen Jones MP, your correspondence has been referred to the Australian Securities and Investments Commission for consideration.

Yours sincerely

Parliamentary, Governance and Strategy Branch

Department of Finance

One Canberra Avenue, Forrest, ACT, 2600

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
27.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $373.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
27.0¢ 27.3¢ 27.0¢ $263.9K 977.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 11173627 27.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
27.5¢ 5037239 38
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GNX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.