GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Ann: James Bay Development Plan, page-162

1. 3,463 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3013
    @GCar I think you need to calm down a little.

This is the lithium industry. There is no point losing your cool every time somebody points out forecast opex is unrealistic.

Who is going to fund a company with much higher forecasts than developer peers? Which shareholders aren't going to be up in arms that their company doesn't have competitive forecasts?

This is the industry where you can have low grade, high waste to ore ratios, and still get taken seriously when you claim world's lowest cost. So of course James Bay needs to appear competitive with those plays.

If it gets funded and constructed, costs will be revised upwards later. I challenge you to find a lithium producer that has come even close to feasibility study forecasts when actually in production.

So @Thesi pointed out that US$205t at the gate looks close to Greenbushes costs and questioned whether that is at all likely... no need to get so defensive of management and professional advisors. We've all seen this film before. It is what it is. It actually feels a little like mock outrage when I read people who have followed the industry long enough getting so outraged.

My opinion is James Bay is likely to be the marginal asset most holders have always assumed it will be when in production. I don't see many (if any) people lining up to call it a tier 1 deposit. I assume it will be like a Canadian Mt Cattlin of sorts... generally profitable but not record setting on the cost front. If you want to go ahead and assume it will have costs of US$205t at the mine gate, feel free to do so, but personally I think that is turning a blind eye.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.