JHG 0.00% $39.49 janus henderson group plc

Ann: Janus Henderson Group - 1Q19 Results, page-11

1. 574 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 141
    Assets under management (AUM) did go up by US$29b to $357b for the quarter but that was because the investments themselves increased in value. In terms of fund inflows it was a net decrease of $7.4b - meaning more investments are being withdrawn by investors than new ones added. This trend has been going on for a while which is concerning. Why do investors in JHG funds, in a net sense keep pulling so much of their funds out?

The other fact for the quarter is that Management fees decreased by $11m. And compared to a year ago they are $60m less!!!!. That has had a fairly big impact on the quarterly eps. There was no discussion about it that I could see so i presume that lower management fees are here to stay.

The PE for the FY may look ok but on the latest quarter run rate of US$0.48 which is down from $0.54 from the last quarter, the annual run rate in AUD is therefore AUD$2.74 which means at the current share price the PE is around 11. Given the recent performance, i can't see any reason for the sp to bounce back up too quickly. We need a good quarter of positive net inflow of funds and increased management fees.

I am willing to wait three months for the next quarterly to see if some improvement comes through.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JHG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.