ARL 1.67% 59.0¢ ardea resources limited

@DDTRH Register is too small and tight for any corporate...

1. 2,164 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 505
    @DDTRH Register is too small and tight for any corporate activity tbh. Not much incentive for management here to open up a raise for instos just yet either. That might happen at some point with financiers wanting a bit of equity, but by then if that's going on, the Japanese would have said yes and it would be good news.

@xxLiONxx It's a pretty good show most of the time, I like how they get a diversity of guests on.

On the topic of GEAR, it now seems they're being quite forward looking by thinking ahead when Indonesian nickel runs out. They cannot maintain this momentum forever. So what do they do later on? Well ARL is low on the cost curve, in a ESG friendly jurisdiction, lasts for 40 years, distances them from the Chinese and more. A very good investment for them and a good shareholder to have as they also have strong links to financiers (this is touched on in the money of mine video about S32's corporate activity).

@DDTRH This actually concerns me. Australia is known for NOT being forward looking. But from BHP's perspective, they actually mention in their annual reports they are always on the hunt for new projects. Nickel was even mentioned. Fast forward to now and while the Nickel price has collapsed, it's not going to remain this low forever.

BHP has a history here, so they know about ARL...it's not inconceivable to say there would be a few people at BHP who might be interested in getting a foot in the door here now that they see it's moving forward and most importantly, able to operate at a profit in a nickel market like this (if it was running right now). They want exposure to the metal, but at the lowest OPEX costs. Could BHP join the group of financiers?

@DDTRH thoughts on the capital gains tax implications if it's structured as you outline above?

@ClockworkSmurf LOADS of geopolitics at play right now with Indonesia. They have options about which way they go in the future, with multiple sides trying to sway them towards closer relations. Russia even got in the mix.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
59.0¢
Change
-0.010(1.67%)
Mkt cap ! $117.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
59.5¢ 60.0¢ 58.5¢ $56.16K 95.29K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 40492 59.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
60.0¢ 39904 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
59.0¢
  Change
-0.010 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
59.0¢ 59.0¢ 58.5¢ 9274
Last updated 15.41pm 06/06/2024 ?
ARL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.