JTL 100% 0.2¢ jayex technology limited

yeah there were a few mishaps. Plus when the co needed capital...

1. 49 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    yeah there were a few mishaps. Plus when the co needed capital in the interim Boyd offered a lending facility (since transferred to a convertible note) so there hasn’t ever been much IR campaigning since IPO until a very small amount recently.

From listing they’ve had a series of bad PR because a couple of old partners of the Appointuit co they acquired (pre-listing) lodged legal claims for compensation that subsequently didn’t get anywhere but that was hanging over the co early.

Then when they first pursued the medicinal marijuana opportunity they partnered with a colourful character in NZ who ended up in the news for wrong reasons and it took them a few goes to part with him.

During the whole time i get the sense the management was trying to do too much at once and everywhere despite an objective to focus on profitability. When the CEO parted this year Boyd decided to get his own hands dirty in part i think to make sure the capital he’s sunk himself doesn’t go to waste but also because of the opportunity Covid presents. They were already transitioning their patient processing and monitoring platform to SaaS but he sees Covid as a real catalyst to accelerate e-health towards remote patient monitoring (RPM) - (more than just telehealth - Microsoft teams can be used for Telehealth). Hence he raised some capital to build the platform out and look at acquisitions if useful. He’s licensed in the LSH and MYQ tech for this objective as well.

I think he could have simply cleaned the business up and ensured it’s pathway to profitability before finding the next CEO but there were a couple of interviews after the cap raise where he really emphasised the opportunity RPM presented given their reputation and sticky network in UK in particular and the reference to NHS Community opportunity might have been a bit of a clue that he thinks he got the timing right.

If it weren’t Boyd I wouldn’t be interested but this could be a proper turnaround story pretty quickly. Sonic aside, he was one of the partners who brought Iridium (see Nasdaq) back from of bankruptcy after the tech bubble.

I’ve said before the medicinal marijuana capex to date is hard for me to appreciate but I’ve no doubt Boyd will make the most of that business stream as well. that seems to where all the interest of late has come from even though i think he sees the RPM platform as being The primary opportunity for growth.

Day trading a thin nano cap like this is pretty ballsy but if you’re stuck in the trade now it might be worth holding for a quarter or two to see if Boyd gets anywhere.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JTL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.001(100%)
Mkt cap ! $562.5K
Open High Low Value Volume
0.1¢ 0.2¢ 0.1¢ $1.027K 517.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 11491113 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 288928 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
JTL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.