GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Ann: Jiangsu Lithium Carbonate Project Update , page-9

1. 22,424 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 769
    Hello Albert E,
    Lithium generally and GXY specifically went up on sentiment and technical analysis without much regard
    for the lithium market and GXY's business model.

While there's alot of speculation about future demand due to electric car battery and electric utilities' li battery storage systems, there's little or no concrete data available
    to guage demand/supply/price equation by.

Recent announcement by Talison, Australia's only other hard rock li miner that they were doubling production over the next year and then moving towards 100K ton by 2013
    simply signalled to the market that there would be plenty of supply (2008's world total production was 100k tons)
    This of cource begs the question:
    Will Talison's ramp-up in supply together with GXY's 17K ton oversupply the market?

If the answer is yes then the price of li will go down.

Has anyone out there got 2010's li production data, the price of GXY's spodumene ex mine, GXY's spodumene offtake
    price estimates or credible estimates for li use over the next few years?

If so I'd like some data.

Until then GXY mining operation's profit is purey speculative and sentiment, technical analysis and
    sp volitility will prevail.

In the meantime, if the company knows its stuff then it should publish its projected forward earnings with
    supporting data.

If this were a gold mine, for instance, then we would know the current pog & gold price forecasts, the cost/oz of production & and estimate of volume.

For a fundamentalist, the rest is simple math.

Cheers
    Moorookamick

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.