KEN 0.00% 1.3¢ kuth energy limited

My immediate reaction was also to be rather puzzled as there is...

1. 1,225 Posts.

My immediate reaction was also to be rather puzzled as there is no new information in the release. Even the photograph is three years old. But that of course indicates a different purpose. It must be one of David McD's extreme frustrations to have to be dependent on parties that have little concerns for the efficiencies of time limited Western companies. He keeps respectfully building up the regulatory bodies in Vanuatu while making it clear that the next decision is in their court. I suspect it all depends on just a very few local people who have no urgency and who probably also have to deal with the mistrust that the local people have to modernising their lifestyle. "We've always lived all right before without this new power."

This is always a bit of a sad situation when an indigenous people are pulled through a century or more in quick time. However, isolation can’t very well continue indefinitely since for some the grass over the fence of neighbouring countries gradually tends to look greener.

The present cost of diesel generating power quoted at A$590 per MWh is virtually a guarantee of economic success for any geothermal enterprise.

I find that David McD's Q reports are always excellent reading. They tend to be complete and sufficient for inferring between lines. Quizzing at AGMs adds a few points but then he becomes a bit guarded. Kuth is a low cap company but certainly deserves any funding it can access. It was a master stroke winning the Saipan project.

Juke

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KEN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.