BCK 0.00% 1.9¢ brockman mining limited

Hi Murray4nz... It does seem to be a bit of a ‘sleeper’? Sadly...

1. 18,216 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3781
    Hi Murray4nz...
    It does seem to be a bit of a ‘sleeper’?

Sadly it is missing a few sleepers too (or whatever counts as tracks for the Mineral Resources BOSS revolutionary light rail system that was going to ‘de-strand’ Brockman’s stranded Marillana deposit?)

I just read the AFR reported on February 23, 2020 (https://www.afr .com/companies/mining/ellison-to-rock-iron-ore-status-quo-with-huge-export-boost-20200223-p543ey)
    The story’s focus is on Chris Ellison’s two new berths at Port Hedland which “would be linked to new iron ore mines in Western Australia’s Pilbara region by a medium gauge rail line as Mineral Resources eyes exports of 50-60 million tonnes a year...”
    ............... “The BOSS system is now on hold as the company tries to resolve technical problems.
    Mr Ellison said he was confident the problems could be fixed and that BOSS could still play a part in “aggregating volume from individual mines to a collection hub”.

It is understood the WA government is keen to see progress with berth development at South West Creek given the potential to boost jobs and iron ore royalties.

Mineral Resources' designs on South West Creek surfaced in 2018 when it was the first to drop out of a three-way battle with Fortescue and Mrs Rinehart’s Hancock Prospecting for control of Atlas Iron and the Atlas berth allocation at government-owned Utah Point in Port Hedland.

Fortescue chief executive Elizabeth Gaines said on Friday that the company had enough capacity at Port Hedland to handle an expected 22 million tonnes a year boost in exports once its $US2.6 billion Iron Bridge magnetite project was up and running in 2022.

But she urged the government not to rush into decisions about Port Hedland, where iron ore shipments hit a record 515.7 million tonnes in 2019.

“In line with our approach to supporting investment in the Pilbara and job creation, we believe future port capacity and growth needs to be carefully considered by government through consultation with industry to ensure maximum return to West Australians through efficient development,” she said.

Mineral Resources plans to spent $50 million this year to maintain annual production of about 8 million tonnes at the high cost, low grade Iron Valley mine it operates under a deal with the Kerry Stokes-backed BCI Minerals.

It is considering a joint venture with Brockman Mining in the long-stranded Marillana project as a source of 15-20 million tonnes a year of high grade iron ore over a mine life of more than two decades....”

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BCK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $176.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 427394 1.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.1¢ 140000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BCK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.