WEB 0.99% $9.01 webjet limited

Others are probably better at understanding the implications...

1. 18,281 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 254
    Others are probably better at understanding the implications than I am, but my take is it's a likely a positive.

A contract was entered into with Thomas Cook back in 2016. I would assume this contract would need to be honoured by any new owners of Thomas Cook. I'm not sure of the length of the agreement, but would think it would extend well past the present, as the benefits to WEB only seem to really kick in this year.

The most important thing I see is that Thomas Cook won't just keel over, but will likely continue, just with new owners.

That too me makes the current share price slump a bit of an opportunity, hence why I topped up last week.

Also worth noting that management haven't come to market either with any comment on the Thomas Cook situation, so I presume they are reasonably comfortable with things as they stand. I rember an interview JG did after the last stellar result was announced (that sent the share price soaring) where he said he couldn't understand why the share price had been in such a funk, when they had only come to the market a couple of times and had no bad news. I'm taking that to be the case again here. Time will tell I guess.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WEB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$9.01
Change
-0.090(0.99%)
Mkt cap ! $3.524B
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.08 $9.11 $8.99 $12.04M 1.333M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 7315 $9.01

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$9.08 2613 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WEB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.