AGO 0.00% 4.5¢ atlas iron limited

Ann: June 2014 Investor Presentation , page-26

1. 11,831 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6429
    Sorry to hear about your loss eureka123, but as you mention, 3-6 months ago the price of IO was very different the 'mood' of the market in regards to a rail deal was different and even investors like yourself saw things in a different light.

AGO management experienced the exact same situation, hence, when they stated that they were 'making good progress', I have no reason to doubt them, putting a rail deal together is a huge undertaking (sorry I do not have any example docs to provide) but we are talking months, sometimes years to progress to the development stage. I hate to use SDL as an example, but they have been talking about a rail solution for a decade. A decade! No tracks laid yet though.

If you cannot admit that the market conditions have changed, then of course you will find it difficult to understand why AGO has not completed a deal.

As for the share price not crashing, from $4 to $0.66 is a pretty bad fall IMHO. So I do not think management could have done anything really different. Although, as I posted above, perhaps with a little bit of hindsight, AGO should have been looking at all possible ways to move towards greater production, even if that means no rail deal in the short to medium term.

I am in no way saying you did not do your research or have sold earlier, its a good stock with great growth potential, but right now the potential is not avialable to the company, unless they go the way of FMG and load up on debt and just go for it... (not what I would be looking for them to do of course).

Good to see the IO price nudge up a little. I wonder what the catalyst will be for a rebound...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.