STX 2.44% 20.0¢ strike energy limited

Yeah I am happy with where they are at, it was a good update -...

1. 1,724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    Yeah I am happy with where they are at, it was a good update - basically what was expected (which is good!). Do I think they could have gotten there quicker? Yes. Do I think they made some poor decisions? Yes. It's good to remember this is a small company with little to no income (just a few drying up wells) the company lives or dies on its decisions. Misinterpret or guess wrong and target wrong horizon or drill at the wrong location. You have the potential of missing out, doesn't matter how good your permit/geology is (although some of the super shallow early oil discoveries found in the late 1800s early 1900s were probably impossible to stuff up!).

Your asking me when we will receive a flow rate? Probably not for months. Not what people want to hear but I think its probably the most likely scenario. Firstly they need to have a sustainable flow of gas not just surges and when they achieve that its going to increase overtime because of how the wells should work and also because they are probably going to be testing configurations.

We might get some vague announcement in say a month saying they exceeded what they consider to be the commercial threshold which if you don't know where/how your going to be processing the gas (small plant nearby?) is a pretty hard to call.

Remember they are going to need to record good volumes for a long period to prove up the comicality.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.44%)
Mkt cap ! $572.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.5¢ 21.0¢ 20.0¢ $1.096M 5.415M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
32 2599619 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 451618 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.