YOW 0.00% 2.7¢ yowie group ltd

I don't get why the company hasn't reintroduced this in...

1. 1,165 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 74
    I don't get why the company hasn't reintroduced this in Australia to Coles, Woolworths, IGA, seven eleven and the service stations yet. Surely they can afford to send one salesperson to drum up business here with all the money they are spending.

They shipped some product a couple of years ago already and are looking at middle east distribution so it just doesn't make sense to me. Why not actually try to put at least some token effort at reintroducing it in Australia where it has some brand recognition, that's why they raised the money here with the stock market listing.

All credit to management for signing up walmart etc. but this is nearly 4 years since listing and they are still burning cash. They have sold like maybe 10-12 million in all this time half of that in the last half year year and clearly there was previously a lot higher demand than that in Australia.

Also without exclusive use of the Whetstone patent there is nothing stopping other people from developing a chocolate coated inclusion product in the US or doing what Yowie is doing to bypass it so why not launch in Australia already

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/22834188/yowie-up-on-local-retailer-order/#page1

I'm not sure how far people's memories go back but from what I remember they were spruiking this in the IPO based on the patent protection of the design of the product and that was the reason why they were targeting the USA first implying they could get kinder surprise type sales as they would be the only product in the market.

The second part of the pitch was that sales were explosive previously and that they could tap into that with the relaunch of the yowie product.

The value of the patent protection is clearly not there and whilst growth has increased it was nowhere what it was previously when yowie was first introduced and management don't seem to be capable of rolling this out internationally at the same time as rolling it out in the US.

3+ years is a lot of time in the internet age.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add YOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.193M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.7¢ 2.7¢ 2.5¢ $4.412K 169.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 107293 2.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.0¢ 196545 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.00pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
YOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.