RAC 3.71% $1.96 race oncology ltd

Yes the survival for AML in elderly patients is still poor. As...

1. 1,158 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 593

Yes the survival for AML in elderly patients is still poor. As it is in those with high risk cytogenetics. 

But inprovements in transplantation medicine and then cures in specific populations (eg APML) have definitely improved outcomes in those with good prognostic features. 

A 60% CR rate does not translate to a cure rate. 

The bigger point being made is that you cannot compare figures that are not like for like- the definition of CR has changed in that time. To be really sure (and I don’t have the time to do this) you would have to go to the original papers and see the definitions of CR used and the patient populations and compare them to newer studies. 

Finally, the poster who suggested MD Anderson would do a deal is just not how things work. Hospitals will tun trials, the pharmaceutical company provides the funding for a sponsored study. Occasionally there are institutionally sponsored trials where investigators get grant funding to support their research. I wouldn’t have thought this concept would be particularly grant worthy but stranger things have been funded.

That is not to say this won’t work just that the industry dynamics are more complicated than implied by posters above. You can choose to take this on board or not, I have no horse in this race. 

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.96
Change
0.070(3.71%)
Mkt cap ! $327.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.89 $1.96 $1.85 $303.2K 159.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1400 $1.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.96 2300 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.47pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RAC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.