WGX 1.99% $2.95 westgold resources limited.

Ah well, mining involves an element of luck at most times. That...

1. 3,992 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 338
    Ah well, mining involves an element of luck at most times. That heavy rain went right across the centre of Australia. I am 72 and have never seen that before. the haul roads are not paved as the cost would be prohibitive. When they get boggy, you're not going to haul a lot of ore. They had lower grade stockpiles though saved up for just such an event, to keep the mills running and output happening. Covid tactics restricting movement by the State governments have restricted labour supply all over but this one is less affected than many other types of business.

Its interesting that Malaysia which has been recording over 12,000 new cases a day for a population of about 34 million, in the tropics has given up on lockdowns as its economy nosedives. The death rate is not high, and they have just given up on it. The number of cases may well drop quite a lot as people get into the outdoors and boost up the Vitamin D from exposure to sunshine, a major protection from most viruses. You can bet that these miners get enough sunshine out there to have excellent Vit D. even of they do spend much of the day underground.

In the circumstances an excellent result on the cost per oz. side, considering all.

Strange weather should be expected given that the earth is experiencing the effects of a solar minimum producing a wild jet stream in both hemispheres. If you want to know more about that look up the excellent long range weather forecaster /astrophysicist, Piers Corbyn, UK based.

I'm not sellin' but think this company has such a big and proven resource base it is going to be producing for many years.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WGX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.95
Change
-0.060(1.99%)
Mkt cap ! $2.782B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.97 $2.99 $2.93 $10.51M 3.552M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 84387 $2.94

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.95 34431 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WGX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.