AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

I cannot say I feel resonant with your sentiments friend, as I...

1. 37 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    I cannot say I feel resonant with your sentiments friend, as I don't believe any of us would be in the position to be able to judge with true clarity. If we are to talk about reputations, if someone is not given a chance to build theirs, when will they ever? If someone with a reputation more satisfactory to your perception is put in place, yet cannot change the pace or outcome of things by an iota, would you feel better? Consider, it has only been a year, if that, since the merger took place, so creating a new company, circumstances and structure. I think if you want to be critical of management it would be unfair not to give them a reasonable chance first, for they are clearly not sitting on their hands, things are progressing, to say nothing of the disruptions of covid and the rest of the mess the world is in.

Orocobre had the experience in brine, Galaxy did not. That could be seen as a positive of the merger. To contemplate how it might have turned out for GXY if this merger did not happen is an exercise in futility, and trying to compare anything is simply not living in reality. We are AKE now. If I have to be drawn on the past, all's I know, is while some were critical of GXY management back at the time you speak of, I am glad that they did not go into a deal with anyone on SDV just to appease the emotions of those on hotcopper who were impatiently screaming with pitchfork in hand for them to get a deal done, while the lithium prices were heading for, and then had sunken, to a low, and the company was likely being low balled and could have easily been taken advantage of if they were to be so weak as to sell out into an unfavourable deal. How shortsighted that would have been, to be more concerned for the short term share price (which was guaranteed nothing in the event of a not so great deal), than to ensure the best outcome for the future. Sure, if a good deal was there for us things would be different again now, but it was not to be. So far as I see, without knowing any better, management may have just looked after our best interests in that regard.

By all means, one can sit behind the screen each day obsessed with the share price and develop negative perceptions based around that, all the while forgetful that it takes time for these things to develop and come to the fruition of their full potential. For now, I just keep my gaze steadily focused on where this is heading, and I particularly look forward to seeing what the drilling results are for Mt Cattlin expansion in the hope that we can see put to bed the negative light in which some try to place it, due to its current projected end of life.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.