AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Hello Gareth, If I could offer the thought that experience and...

1. 37 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    Hello Gareth, If I could offer the thought that experience and expertise have to be gained, and in one aspect in order to do so, things may go wrong or not to plan. Therefor, in some instances the learning and knowledge derived from these happenings is valuable, or even required as an education. I think sometimes when things go wrong or mistakes are made, they may have needed to happen in order to help a certain situation, something or someone to progress, and that does not always mean heads need to roll because of it, as I see how quick people are to judge.

We may just have to accept what is... and if it is not fatally serious or a result of anything corrupt, nefarious, or absolute negligence, and we are still standing at the end of the day, with a positive view to the future and the potentials, then it ain't all bad to me.

I remember hearing about things you mention at ORE and glancing over them in that time, but remember little now other than they had their challenges. Not having researched and studied that, I would still ask this for the point of the excercise: How many successful brine operations over the years have all gone to plan, without any bumps in the road? Have none of the biggest had some rough times to work through? And in ORE's case, or AKE going forward, how would any of us know, when some things do go wrong or not to schedule, whether a different person at the top or in any given position, or a different team of people, would have made a great difference to the outcomes? Depending on what the situation is, it would likely only be speculation, and in any case I refer back to the beginning in that it may ultimately serve a beneficial purpose to have happened the way it did, regardless of if another person or people could have effected better. Whatever ORE went through, they were still standing and had built the asset, so here and now at AKE, I like to think that the experience and expertise harvested has been carried over and will prove invaluable for what we are now building towards.

In regards to SP performance, in the calculations of many, AKE are currently very undervalued. On whom should we cast blame? I don't blame management, so far as I can see they are getting things done, and as things progress so should the true value become realised, at least if the global situation would improve any time soon.

I don't compare all too seriously AKE to the others as no one company is the same or in the same position with the same company image, set of assets, situation or people. Many I would assume had been piling into startups looking to make money, and AKE is (on dollar value to the eye only) much more expensive looking to the uneducated or quick dollar chasers than a 1 cent, 10 cent, 1 buck startup ready to explode in the hype.

Just as an observation, if we have to compare to the SP performance of PLS which I know happens a bit (and thanks to Gareth also for contributing the comparisons and charts that you do). I mentioned before, company image, and one possibility about this is certain perceptions which may have some part to play, one being the assets they hold and that they are solely in Australia, whereas AKE are not, and PLS is probably more well known to people generally. The popularity factor in that equation itself can result in thousands of people buying in that company, without those buyers even knowing who AKE is in the real world. As well on image, in some small part people here must realise that you are a part of how that image is forming and how the company may come across to others that read here. Think before speak, tell the truth as you see it but think in depth about things first rather than running off short fused emotions, because your very projections may be enough to turn someone off investing for the wrong reasons. Then I must not forget the "BEOT". Who knows what they are up to and the effect it is having. I'm sure the band of minds here who know far more than me could tell of more possibilities.

I don't claim any of these perspectives to be "right" over anyone else's, but they are thoughts I wish to share if they will help one think and see some plausible logic to them. Feel free to think I am on another planet (well I almost am), or chime in with your own thoughts if it will be of help to others including myself. Up here in my forest cabin, when the trees are not swaying and I can get my one bar of service, this is the best I can give, and about our situation I believe better to remain positive than negative despite the difficult times, and it doesn't take a genius to see that what is coming as the assets unfold medium to long term looks pretty big.

PS. Thanks stevo 111, I have in the past read your estimations about Mt Cattlin mine expansion, and it is both encouraging and helpful. I appreciate the useful things contributed by those here, as I am sure so do many others that lurk and rarely speak. Best wishes to all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.