CLW 4.13% $3.53 charter hall long wale reit

Ann: June 2022 Valuation Update and June Quarter Distribution, page-4

1. 1,178 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 227
    Thanks for the insight… agree there are a lot of risks associated with reits at the moment and Ability to refinance is definitely one of the greatest

back in 2008, the banks are in a unprecedented position with no or little regards for risks, capital set aside are also limited which greatly restricted their ability to lend …. This time, at least for now, we can say banks are in a safer position and also more aware of risks….

clw holds only Australian high quality assets with long wale, leased to prime tenants and reputable asset manager… they have been through gfc and aware of the risks…. If i look m clw, I will be talking to banks now and lock in some sort of financial arrangements to prepare for the worst…

half of the clw portfolio is inflation related rent increase and half fixed, provide us with income growth in years ahead

back in 2008, charterhall retail etc engaged in acquisitions of oversea assets ranging from shopping centres in USA to Poland and Germany, we all know what happens when firms expand oversea, they never end well… slater Gordon, Wesfarmers and even event cinemas comes to mind…. Clw imo just go on with their business and do what I would do myself if I’m an investor in commercial properties

lastly, this is the comment from mr lowe

I want to emphasise though that we are not on a pre-set path [to a specific interest rate end point]. How fast we increase interest rates, and how far we need to go, will be guided by the incoming data and the Board's assessment of the outlook for inflation and the labour market. As we make that assessment each month, the Board will be paying close attention to developments in the global economy, the evolution of labour costs and how household spending is responding to higher interest rates ....

if spending slows and house market slows or economy deteriorates, what do you think the rba is going to do ? I’m guessing lowering of rates and injecting liquidity to the market

anyway, all my opinion and guesses from here

as long as clw can keep its dividend more or less the same… now maybe a good time to pick up more

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.53
Change
0.140(4.13%)
Mkt cap ! $2.552B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.44 $3.54 $3.44 $6.022M 1.716M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 11110 $3.51

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.53 12232 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CLW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.