SYR 1.96% 26.0¢ syrah resources limited

Great post with the oh so infrequent scenario references...Be...

1. 118 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Great post with the oh so infrequent scenario references...

Be great to get a round table discussion with companies in the same boat JRV is getting smashed in the Cobalt space. However they have huge backers who are all long. What they have been doing is getting loan duration extensions to ride out the volatility.

Why didn't AJM have that as their playbook?

Can people think of others in the same situation?

After a recent discussion with a mining engineer who suggested the majority of current battery chemistry investments we're going to be a blip on the radar of history as the duration equation is completely unsolvable... eg the time it takes battery labs to prove out and deliver new chemistry solutions is accelerating and mining discoveries, development and project permitting is not... So everyone scrambles to ramp supply... they eventually do prices saw then the next chemistry combination gets released and the prices crash... After the chat I was called back to a research project I did in 2005 around Cadmium as in NiCad batteries. NiMH came online the Cadmium prices there shat the bed completely and then randomly thin film photovoltaics took up the slack with First Solar being acquired and all of the collapsing Cadmium suppliers being acquired for pennies on the dollar...

So the trillion dollar question is what are the other usage applications for battery minerals we hold in the event we experience another significant EV and ESS chemistry shift? What's the plan B? or C?

The energy storage transport thematic is hot but what about diversity in the end use application? Who should be asking and answer this question? I've been to abandoned mine sites and they aren't good places...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.