WHC 1.57% $5.64 whitehaven coal limited

WHC management have shown to be very very prudent, so I dont...

1. 2,071 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 195
    WHC management have shown to be very very prudent, so I dont think the upcoming dividend, or the next interim will be as high as everyone hoped - despite having the cash for it. Since they've cancelled their debt facility, I think they will again be conservative with their cash.

$185AUD minus costs of $103~ plus royalties leaves, what? $70AUD? Again, this is if coal stays at $130USD. Its dropped 70% in 6 months. It could be at its bottom, it could go further down to $100USD, it could go back up to $200USD. I don't know, but if there was genuinely a supply problem which boosted the price last year, is that genuinely solved now? or was the price last year fear and panic?

But I digress, next quarter average will be around the $130USD (maybe a touch higher). I did see the mix, and have just done a very quick calculation.

Oh definitely, Asia will be relying on coal for at least the next 20 years, and Australia will be at least another 10 years. For what its worth, I bought into coal stocks this time last year, and was completely sold out by March. I made some good money, but I think the short term will be hard to match those returns.

ESG has a lot of influence on the coal companies (and as such, influence the share price).
    There appears to be a genuine supply issue with lithium for now, and the medium term future. As such, I have moved most of my capital there.

For what its worth, I also think discretionary spending/retail is at its bottom/will bottom in the next few months, and presents a good buying opportunity.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.64
Change
-0.090(1.57%)
Mkt cap ! $4.718B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.77 $5.79 $5.53 $54.42M 9.677M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 3997 $5.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.64 20079 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.