CSS 2.63% 18.5¢ clean seas seafood limited

Ann: June Quarter Cash Flow Report-CSS.AX, page-13

1. 228 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34
    I would add also one comment. Should we really take the 2000 tons of fish sold as real figure for 2015/2016, or should we better use some figure around 1850 - 1900 tons --> and thus not as great as it seems? Already since releasing the update on China dealer a few days ago, I have been wondering whether management did not "help" a bit to achieve the 2000 tons target through accounting. Why? Well, the BFC will sell about 500 tons of fish for CSS over next 18 months (176 + at least 340 more). That is good. Yet, how convenient it was they have taken the first 30% (176 tons) all at once in June still in the 2015/2016 accounting period --> so we could make it just over 2000 tons - while they will be taking the other fish at rate of about 19tons per month. I guess that was really accounting exercise more than anything else, as if they made the deal just 2 weeks later, or they would take the fish quarterly, we would never make it over 2000. So I think the management tried very hard to close the deal in June But overall I do believe in this company and hope they will eventually reach 3000 tons (which Dr Foster previously mentioned as a point where they can get a bit more free hands) and will have some "spare" cash for more research on the tuna and will not kill this division completely. Their former partner Kinki university produce Tuna already, so maybe they could get into some sort of partnership especially when the university is keen to "spread" the technology and tuna propagation beyond Japan - as I have read on their web.
    Anyway, good luck to all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CSS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.