PRU 2.22% $2.64 perseus mining limited

Ann: June Quarter Report, page-24

1. 1,124 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 323
    Really solid set of numbers, looks like PRU is poised for a breakout next 12 months if this performance can be sustained.

It's interesting that the Yaoure mine reconciliation for the previous quarter is strongly positive (+25% more oz being produced than predicted by the model), and weakly positive over a 7 month time frame. It's not exactly uncommon, and it's one of those weird problems that mine managers are generally prepared to let slide for a while, because hey, we're producing more gold than what we thought we had! (= happy mine manager) Still, it's not ideal because it suggests that the operation may not be extracting full value from the orebody, and that there is potential ore being mis-classified as waste.

If we were -25% down on oz for the 3 months on the other hand (negative recon = angry mine manager), oh boy, the sp would be copping it. So we're currently blessed with the lesser of two evils.

The 3-month moving average is probably a more useful way to look at the recon rather than month by month, which can be noisy as hell. At the end of Q3 there will be 10 months of mine-to-mill recon data, so it will be interesting to see how things look then. I think if we're within +/- 5% on oz and grade, most mines would be reasonably happy with that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PRU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.64
Change
-0.060(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $3.632B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.70 $2.72 $2.60 $15.49M 5.870M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 22912 $2.64

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.65 105074 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PRU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.