MLX 2.47% 41.5¢ metals x limited

Having had a day to digest the report, I am bracing myself for a...

1. 256 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30
    Having had a day to digest the report, I am bracing myself for a share price at this level to say 26-27c for the next 4-6 months. The MD made it clear that production will be around these levels and project costs will be elevated for this period.

Unfortunately, the short-termism of today's market means that folks aren't interested in turnaround stories. Unless there is a catalyst within a 3 month window with a huge growth trajectory, the sp just doesn't track upwards these days. Given the sp response, for some reason, people thought that an immediate turnaround was on the cards which really bemuses me. If only it was that easy to get an underground mine humming.

Rightly so, there is a strong level of sceptism given the previous mis-management of Nifty. The 40k tonnes target was a furphy given the issues the operation had, which saw quite a few investors and even fund managers exit with losses. But I do have faith in this new team as they've turned around mines before. They've made some tough but right decisions to remove bottlenecks and overcome legacy issues at the expense of short-term production. Nifty could still be chugging along producing ~20k pa but never reaching its potential of 35k+. Trust me, I'd rather sacrifice 1-2k production per quarter for few quarters if that means we get to an extra 10-15k pa within the next 2 years.

There might be a few triggers for investor interest in the meantime like a rising copper price, updates on progress and exploration results (they could have another huge deposit next door). I have discounted the potential for a takeover as I can't see any miner having the desire to invest in Nifty until production is rising and cash is flowing, which does seem counter-intuitive.

So those looking for an entry, I do believe we are at the base. But their probably won't be much movement until late Q4 into Q1 2019. So unless you are patient (I can't believe patience these days equates to 6 months), you might be able to delay an entry until the catalyst of increased production/lower costs is closer.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
41.5¢
Change
0.010(2.47%)
Mkt cap ! $376.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
40.5¢ 42.5¢ 40.0¢ $3.177M 7.644M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 41.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
42.0¢ 305543 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.