MEI 7.41% 14.5¢ meteoric resources nl

Ann: Juruena Delivers More Bonanza Gold above 90g/t Au, page-22

1. 2,362 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5677
    Juruena is a typical narrow high grade gold deposit like:

-Bendigo 30 M oz
    -Norseman 8M oz
    -Obuasi 25M oz

and is definitely not too narrow. The biggest gold mines of the Witwatersrand have an average reef thickness of less than a metre.

What is important is the bonanza/high grade that compensates for narrower intercepts where it is important to look at the gm/tonne metres

eg. J31

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2550/2550729-9301313362336a2cd3c08ed563a1c259.jpg

Therefore you could have an intercept like at Butchers 73m @ 2.26g/t Au and in g/t.m's this equals 73 x2.26=164.98 g/t.m so a great intercept but similar in g/t.m's to a smaller but higher grade intercept. (*** The great thing about Butchers Creek which I talk about below is the orebody is wide with very little internal dilution meaning huge volumes of undiluted or homogenous gold mineralisation wink.pngwink.pngwink.png)

It was also significant that MEI found bonanza grade beneath the resource model at Dona(deeper) because it increases the size of the resource.

I agree with you that it is exciting if we find the porphyry link to the high grade epithermal deposit of Dona Maria and Querosene at Juruena and the Crentes gold-copper mineralisation so the findings from this upcoming geophysical analysis will be very interesting, I quote:

'At the same time, a geophysical team has mobilised to site and will soon commence a Deep IP program to look for a possible porphyry source for the Crentes gold‐copper mineralisation we intercepted over the last two years. We believe the observed gold‐copper system is related to a deeper magmatic‐porphyry source and the IP program is the first step in exploring for this potential Tier 1 target!'

And regarding Palm Springs I understand your enthusiasm! biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Apart from the historical data and recently reported 94 metre broad veining and alteration, when I read this:

"Onsite we have continued to geologically log strongly altered and mineralised trachytes at the expected target depths and we are now drilling and intersecting potential gold mineralisation almost 300m SOUTH OF THE HISTORIC BUTCHER'S CREEK PIT I'm glad that I was sitting down!" See pic below for an explanation:
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2551/2551266-1fec35047b2e8d9429cd1cb79776885c.jpg

Butcher's Creek has so much potential:

-it has long mining licences already in place

-it has a ready made pit with a wide orebody beneath with very little internal dilution(homogenous) meaning large volumes and a low strip ratio lowering the mining costs.

- it has a huge south dipping anticline where it extends to the south.

Some evidence this anticline is huge having the potential to host massive gold mineralisation:

1. Geophysical 3D interpretation:https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2553/2553122-05abf7c7a470d8ef0d5c0bbdf302df7c.jpg

2. 40 metres south of the pit MEI intercepted broad veining and alteration zones of 94 metres approximately 40m south‐west of the existing open pit! PRESS HERE

3. Historically a drill hole tested for gold mineralisation a further 100 metres south of the pit, and they found a stellar intercept!

1996 RC drill intercept of 73m @ 2.26g/t Au from 169m (ASX:MEI Announcement 15/06/2020) located 100m south of Butchers Creek open pit indicates that the down plunge potential remains almost completely untested!

4. In the latest announcement MEI stated, I quote:

"we are now drilling and intersecting potential gold mineralisation ALMOST 300 METRES SOUTH of the historic Butchers Creek Pit.”

This is going the early crow but I would not be surprised if our first tier one deposit will be closer to home. wink.png

I am literally counting the sleeps to results at Butcher's Creek!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.5¢
Change
0.010(7.41%)
Mkt cap ! $288.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.5¢ 14.5¢ 13.8¢ $423.4K 3.003M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
29 1616524 13.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.5¢ 1154553 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.