CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

ann just out, page-38

1. 1,363 Posts.
    Charlie

Sandfire mined roughly 140,000 t of DSO ore for about 35,000 t contained Cu by selectely mining the high grade open pit supergene stuff and stockpiling the lower grade. They produced DSO around 20-25% Cu, crushed to fairly fine size and apparently got similar terms to concentrate sales, which is pretty impressive as payment is over 95% of the copper plus gold etc.

IF Cudeco have high enough grade supergene ore, this could work. They will need over 20% Cu grade. Sandfire had a simply stunning supergene orebody, so I dont think we can can expect anything quite as good, but if they can selectively mine some areas of high grade, it could result in a material early cash flow. They will probably need to take out coarse native copper to produce a "premium" concentrate, both to get better payment for the native copper, but also as the native copper can be a problem in the DSO for the downstream refiner, although there are things they can do like directing the DSO straight to converters etc that can overcome these issues. They may need to use the mobile crusher and/or a contract crusher to further crush the DSO to -5 mm for sale, not sure, but no big deal when you look at the potential profit. I think Sandfire used contract crushing for there DSO as the main plant was still being built when the DSO was being produced.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.