LKE 5.26% 4.0¢ lake resources n.l.

Ann: Kachi Demonstration Plant initial results, page-180

1. 1,211 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 693
    "An update is a good thing. This one is reasonable.im interested to understand the durability of the ion exchange beads - this is the bit that is crucial to commercial success, if they are failing after a few cycles, even hundreds, the tech won’t stack up as far as I understand. if anyone is going to the IMARC conference or tuning in to red cloud, ask them what the target cycle number is for break even and what cycle nbr they are up to"

1. So@Kensington001 says: "Im interested to understand the durability of the ion exchange beads - this is the bit that is crucial to commercial success, if they are failing after a few cycles, even hundreds, the tech won’t stack up as far as I understand."

I believe that the resin beads can be replaced if necessary. My research provides no indication that new beads could not be added. Cube Biotech are just one company that produces them for sale (look up 'resins and mag-beads'). I have no idea how hard the Lilac process is upon the beads but Lilac are putting their money where their mouth is so I assume that problem would have been resolved long ago. The beads can be chemically washed to rejuvenate them as well.

The one issue is scaling but isn't that a good problem to have? If the beads have a shorter life-span when using a much bigger circuit then the economics of scale would be expected to work favourably as they typically do.

Ion exchange itself is a very well-known process that has been used for decades in water treatment and for at least a decade in uranium production? Du Pont, with a 2021 revenue of $US16.65 billion, has been selling ion-exchange tech for 80 years.

And also says: "if anyone is going to the IMARC conference or tuning in to red cloud, ask them what the target cycle number is for break even and what cycle nbr they are up to."

This is a great suggestion IMO and really easy to do. Lilac's beads and scalability have been easy targets to attack, but usually by people that have not bothered to do any research. It would be great to knock these negative types out of the park for once and for all.

As always DYOR.

Last edited by tubedisasters: 02/11/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.