ALK 0.00% 47.0¢ alkane resources limited

to add to the above is that I am expecting 0.54-0.55g/t AuEq...

1. 8,089 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1555
    to add to the above is that I am expecting 0.54-0.55g/t AuEq which I also think is conservative.
    Also to remember is the report ALK released from one round of Boda infill drilling where they reported number of high grade holes that were described as new high grade zones.

Why were they described as new high grade zones - my assumptions are those were infill holes.
    As infill holes ALK already has a model that calculated certain grades for those areas based on the holes around the actual area. But inferred resource is also called low confidence resource by many as the holes are drilled around 100m apart and that leaves lot of untested space.
    Now ALK tightened that grip to 50m spacing in order to calculate indicated resource which falls in the higher confidence category for the obvious reasons.
    What happened is that number of holes, where ALK expected to see for example 0.6g/t AuEq grades, returned 1g/t AuEq which is significant jump in grade. Such results have potential to trigger grade upgrade for the Central Boda resource when converting to indicated category. And will also add more ounces.

If I am right on both occasions (calculating the new inferred resource and the grade uplift from the infill drilling) then we stand to see very positive report very soon - I'd say next week.

all my own speculation from my very own rough calculations and interpretation of the announcements and results I've seen so far.

good luck all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.