LIN 1.01% 9.8¢ lindian resources limited

I'm a well known contrarian bear, but some bears are real...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2ic
    5,923 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4975
    I'm a well known contrarian bear, but some bears are real country boys without any sense of decency or decorum.

I traded half out into the MRE worried LIN would juts head south into a mini-Lassonde profit taking period through to 2024, sold another lot at my buy price low 30's, unfortunately held onto a few in case I was wrong and because I like investing in good projects even though on balance they have proven investment losers. LIN was always at risk of a sell down simply because so many were sitting on great profits, and still are at 16c. Being in Malawi and ran by Asimwe (from the little I hear) is not conducive to funds buying in for long term exposure either... so with lots of sellers, traders, manipulators who also read the tealeaves with a plan to get set later cheaper, it was always downhill Lassonde Orphan style without a RE bull market developing (which has demonstrably not).

Todays announcement clearly completes the pivot from marketing Stage 1 demo plant as some sort of cheap, we have the capital for it with some off-take prepayment credit, no feasibility study required just build it and make cash, prove the process etc, etc. I was howled down for saying it looked like cum-raise Lassonde purgatory when I turned up after last CR, and to be fair management communications suggested they were not in the feasibility cum-raise period, but proves they are. Rightly so, it will cost a lot more than the US20M balloon originally floated, they cannot afford to F-it up, won;t raise the capital without a study that accurately estimates the costs and outcome so funds and serious investors will actually get behind LIN with confidence.

I still believe Kanga is a cracking, world class monazite deposit and the met work will prove reliable at very cheap opex. Capex will also be very modest coamperd to many peers, off-take to downstream western monazite processors remains a problematic bottleneck as for all other hard rock wannabe developers. $200M is still not 'cheap' for any undeveloped project whose commodity is in a bear market 9maybe permanent bear market), but Kanga is also one of the very few non-Asian ionic clay insitu mines that can be profitable at these prices. In Australia Kanga would be worth a lot more than $200M even developer cum-raise imo... so what is the Malawi and Asimwe discount?

The best peer analogy I see is SVM, who has a rutile-graphite development project of world class but much higher capex in Malawi, currently in an early stage JV with RIO which may end up with a TO or RIO walking, who knows? SVM has a MC of A$250M with a recent PFS in September and now working towards a DFS which will no doubt drag out and include some pilot plant mine. Under $200M LIN starts looking attractive, especially if you believe RE prices will rise into higher, more sustainable long-term levels.

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LIN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.