CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2ic
    5,923 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4975
    I was never going to be popular with a sell sentiment, but the sentiment has been supported by a detailed series of posts working through the project, challenging the popular zeitgeist. Posts way to long for those who only want short cheer squad chanting, but the only way to support a contrarian view with substantiation, which takes time and effort (more than others contribute).
    https://hotcopper.com.au/posts/53361486/single

By all means, prosecute the bull case and correct me where you can but leave off the "hardly done by the downramper" grizzles please. Today's resource is right in line with what I estimated and unsurprisingly so. As the release states, "Rutile mineralisation lies in laterally extensive, near surface, flat “blanket” style bodies in areas where theweathering profile is preserved and not significantly eroded. The high-grade zones appear to begeologically continuous with limited variability along and across strike."... it's really not that hard to wrap logic and numbers around reported results. Kasiya's MRE should come as no surprise for size or grade, and it didn;t. We know it's big and getting bigger, plenty to mine even when a final Reserve excludes the lower grades, large towns, critical drainage channels, infrastructure etc.

The question long term investors should be asking is where is the PFS/DFS going (not just a largely unsupported scoping study btw). That answer lies in the detail and peer comparisons, very specifically the likely margins, risks and practicalities of mining Kasiya type ore at Kasiya type grades in Malawi. Today's release was almost entirely focussed on the angle Slag-rutile is an carbon, environmental and cost nightmare that needs to be replaced with clean, green rutile regardless of the expense. I hope SVM isn't relying on hugely overpriced rutile to make this fly... talk is cheap and so is Slag after pig-iron credits which rightly carry nearly all the associated CO2 emissions with no other waste product but high grade TiO2-Slag.

When I get time we can drill deeper into the obvious and critical peer comparison for costs/margins/risks... Sierra Rutile.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SVM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.