SVM 1.43% 71.0¢ sovereign metals limited

2ic, I think you have made your point, can I respectfully...

1. 454 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 74
    2ic, I think you have made your point, can I respectfully suggest you don't labour it ? You are correct that having even a large mineral resource in a country like Malawi (one of the poorest countries in the world) guarantees investors very little, and we have a long way and a lot of hurdles to go on this project. At the same time, perhaps bear in mind that:

1) the size of the resource is undoubtedly significant (your comments about possible difficulties/limits of extraction are well noted)
    2) natural rutile will most likely go into structural deficit soon
    3) the large companies established in the rutile space need to reduce their carbon footprints - this is real, and pressing
    4) Malawi needs revenue to develop, and mining is a relatively low hanging fruit, which they are apparently waking up to - see the recent approval for mining licence for GBE.
    5) Sprott may be biased in expressing support for the project, but they invested in the project in the first place, and they are generally acknowledged as experienced in the resource space

For all of these reasons and no doubt several others, the market likes the announcement, which strikes me as a fair response, all things considered.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SVM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.