LTR 1.72% 88.5¢ liontown resources limited

Ann: Kathleen Valley Mineral Resource Update - Clarification, page-106

1. 9,104 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17784
    Most understand that. Put enough money into METs it will get you what you want, but it is how METs translate to a cost effective process flowsheet.

The point about deleterious elements is the cost of extraction in floatation and/or if not extracted out of the spodumene in sufficient quantities the penalties imposed by converters as a result of the clinkers effect.

Yes PLS is spending more capex and now more opex in getting its recovery rate up to DFS levels and/or ensuring its product is within specs. The question been raised, is has that done enough for them to return to profitability.

Below was a post I did ages ago on contract specifications in PLS when the issue came up:
    Post #: 38419435

The more impurities you have in the spodumene concentrate in the roasting process, you will need to extract these impurities out but you also extract out lithium, a problem in itself. Impurities forms 'clinkers', and then you need to run a process to get the lithium out of the clinkers and you might only get 75% of that from the clinkers, and that affects the recovery of lithium overall in the roasting process and impacts the ability to produce battery grade carbonate. Best explained in this article:
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/all-chemical-grade-spodumene-concentrates-same-harman-grant/

Anyway, the revised PFS and DFS will answer this question, in line with how grade improvements help out costs as per my posts above.

But yes I understand your point.

All IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
88.5¢
Change
0.015(1.72%)
Mkt cap ! $2.146B
Open High Low Value Volume
88.0¢ 92.5¢ 88.0¢ $10.67M 11.88M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 163847 88.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
89.0¢ 7802 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.