KZA 0.00% 8.0¢ kazia therapeutics limited

Ann: Kazia releases Cantrixil top line final data, page-2

1. 676 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 167
    EXCELLENT NEWS FOLKS

Key Points• 25 patients with advanced metastatic ovarian cancer received at least one dose of Cantrixil at six sites in the United States and Australia, comprising 11 patients in Part A (dose escalation) and 14 patients in Part B (dose expansion)• Trial achieved its primary objective, determining the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of Cantrixil to be 5 mg/kg• Overall, 16 patients were evaluable for efficacy. One patient demonstrated a complete response (CR) and two patients experienced a partial response (PR), according to industry-standard RECIST criteria, making an overall response rate (ORR) of 19%

NOTE• The patient who experienced a complete response remains in remission some three years after her last dose of Cantrixil• The drug was generally well-tolerated, with primarily gastrointestinal toxicities observed (abdominal pain, vomiting, and nausea)

Australian lead investigator, Associate Professor Jim Coward, commented, “this was a heavily pre-treated population, comprising patients with very advanced disease. Existing treatment options for such patients are limited, and there remains an urgent need for new therapies.

My colleagues and I are excited by the potential for Cantrixil to provide benefit here, and we look forward to seeing the drug move forward in its development.”

Kazia expects the full data to be presented at a suitable academic conference and published in a peer-reviewed journal in 1H CY2021.

In accordance with common practice, the full data will remain embargoed until they are formally published, in order not to prejudice the appropriate dissemination of the data, and only top-line data are discussed here.
    Last edited by Boundary Rider: 09/12/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KZA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.