QPM 0.00% 3.3¢ queensland pacific metals limited

That was exactly my point. As long as we don't get the...

1. 5,433 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2140
    That was exactly my point. As long as we don't get the catastrophic news of 'sorry, folks, this project isn't actually viable, all is lost' (which is unlikely, I think most of us would agree), and things do actually proceed successfully, it's almost inconceivable that we won't be above 50c by 2025, which is why I'm not terribly fussed, despite this news having made my entry less than ideal (I'd have been better off simply not buying at all and putting that money under my pillow until after this selloff completes, whenever that will be).

But in the short to medium term, the market just isn't going to like this. Whether or not there is actual reason to think it, the market is going to have doubts and scepticism in response to an announcement like this. The price was guaranteed to fall in the short term, and medium term is still very uncertain. I suppose even long term is still uncertain, it's still something of a possibility that the whole project will fall. Unlikely as they may be, there are still several possible scenarios which could see this project not go ahead. The DFS is obviously one of the biggest things which will derisk us, and having the delay was never going to go well with the market, especially when it wasn't the first delay and each delay was months.

Anyway, if I wasn't sufficiently clear, yes, 50c was my hypothetical figure for 'it can't possibly fail to hit this target by that time, as long as the project actually is successful'. It wasn't my most likely scenario target. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression. I'm not sure if I had given my long term target previously, but it was already vague and this news makes it even less clear. I'll come up with a new one by the end of this year, but my whole point in saying 50c was that even if it was only 50c it would still be worthwhile looking at buying more over the next few months (I'll be doing my best to pick good entries and will likely post about it here), and I'm sure my target will be well above that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QPM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $83.18M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.2¢ 3.3¢ 3.0¢ $425.0K 13.49M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100556 3.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.4¢ 759250 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QPM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.