Ann: Kennedy Operations Update , page-76

1. 1,655 Posts.
    Texasoil,

you could be right about the reason for the SP dragging its feet (though I was feeling that it had done quite well) but I do feel personally that the jvps have a little wall to climb to restore investor confidence. Once we have replication of results and first-time decent flows from the new wells, that confidence should return. That is when we may see professional longer-term investors buying for eventual income and future capital appreciation. Possibly complete rot but that's my feeling. And that's possibly why the management are hanging back - they need to retain credibility. Besides which, only results will produce a re-rating. Hot air will only produce volatility.

As to strategy, I like the way that the management have marshalled the company's resources so that they can be confident of financing our share of the next round of drilling after the free-carry wells are drilled. Of the jvps, ADI seems to me to be in the soundest position to meet those potential obligations.

There was a lot of confidence in that last news release such as the categorical statement that the Kennedy flows could be rateably extrapolated for longer completions. I was pretty impressed what the frac team managed to do with Kennedy and they seem to be equally so. Frankly, I'd have been pleased with 500bbls - I thought that I was looking at the wrong company release when I saw 1,132 especially as that was the 3rd frac of the bottom 600ft.

It's been a very long haul but perhaps now is the time. The difference is that there is now experience and technology (and Hilcorp's money).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DXI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.85
Change
-0.010(0.35%)
Mkt cap ! $904.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.86 $2.88 $2.84 $495.0K 173.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 937 $2.84

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.85 2778 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DXI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.