HLA 0.00% $1.80 healthia limited

Ah healthia... I haven't checked in for a while. I have a unique...

1. 310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    Ah healthia... I haven't checked in for a while.

I have a unique inside perspective on the Myfoot Dr brand & it's reputation. In the small community that is podiatry this brand is cheap, profit focused, not care focused & podiatrists worth their salt steer well clear.

They often offer graduates big salaries & have relentless sales targets to hit. If these graduates go the leave they often struggle to find a job in the 'real' side of podiatry due to their lack of proper training & pushy sales demeanor.

As for expansion by acquisition, the Pod industry is still incredibly fragmented with local clinics, the roll-up arbitrage opportunity is still massive but MFD executions is wayy off. The company is incredibly profit driven, has been for a long time & everyone knows it. Meaning when MFD acquire a clinic many quality staff leave, MFD usually lock the previous owner in for a period of time but staff under them bail fast & patients go with them.

To me the only real way for a rollup to be successful is to offer a brand (similar to smartclinics is the GP space), admin, marketing, accounting etc all cenralised & have a partner (previous owner) operate the clinic day to day with an ownership incentive. Similar to pharmacies.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HLA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.