AJX 9.09% 1.0¢ alexium international group limited

Maybe2014, I think a chunk of the angst about alexium's SP,...

1. 1,909 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44
    Maybe2014,
    I think a chunk of the angst about alexium's SP, particularly over the past 6 months or so, is misplaced and should not have just been directed at the company and its much discussed shortcomings. The market surrounding the smaller caps has mostly been a shocker as the money IMO has rotated into the banks and resource stocks and more generally into the top end, particularly the value (dividend paying) stocks.

Have a look at the XEC (Emerging Companies Index) sometime which has taken a hammering this past 6 months. With some exceptions, generally about 60% or more of price action is a response to market and sector forces and this pre-conditions those related stocks in bad market periods to have to deal with a backdrop of negativity.

If one is a trader, one of the first considerations is not to trade against the market direction and/or the related sector. Sure there are always exceptions but it is perilous to ignore the market. I am not saying Alexium would have continued to be a bolter in the right conditions, a reset pullback was likely inevitable after the big initial surge, but I suspect that it would be in a much better position now had the market been more accommodating.

I think the smaller end is stirring as some of the money bolts from the value stocks now. Hopefully better days ahead.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.0¢
Change
-0.001(9.09%)
Mkt cap ! $15.62M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.0¢ 1.1¢ 1.0¢ $16.24K 1.561M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 7392398 1.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.1¢ 2000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AJX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.