TV2 0.00% 0.8¢ tv2u international limited

Ann: Key Terms Agreed for Mobile Sports Streaming with Indosat, page-90

1. 255 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 339
    Valid point @Ashley60

It is traditional in every formal and public announcement for entities party to a deal to make a statement. Previous TV2U's announcements only quoted TV2U management and they never materialised (e.g PGAS/Smartfren never commented publicly), which may lead some to be suspicious of this announcement.

However this is not the final announcement or the signature of the deal. I have no idea why TV2U chose to do it in two steps, they must have their reasons. In my opinion this announcement seems on the surface to be aimed at getting some media coverage but it may have a deeper reason which is to reassure investors (maybe prompted by recent sell-off by long term holders). Also, as the @The outvestor noted earlier, they may have wanted to do it in the quarterly update (not as a separate announcements) but were unable to do so or advised against it, maybe told to wait until the deal is finalised.

The recent sell-off may explain TV2U's motive. If their aim is reassuring investors, then it's a very commendable move. It would be sad to see more LT holders sell days before being rewarded for their faith and patience, or any holder for that matter. I suspect that this is the explanation given to the ASX and why the ASX let it through without requesting a trading halt. Maybe give some former holders an opportunity to reconsider. This is my guess not any knowledge of TV2U's motives or the ASX's workings.

I would expect a statement by Indosat Ooredo to be quoted when the agreement is finalised and signed and reading their statements in the Indonesian media.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TV2 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.