AMI 0.00% 18.5¢ aurelia metals limited

Aurelia’s Peak mine ‘out of drought danger’ 4 December 2019...

1. KKR
    1,199 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 403
    Aurelia’s Peak mine ‘out of drought danger’

4 December 2019
    Source: The Australian

Aurelia Metals’ Peak mine is out of drought danger after the NSW government granted approval to draw water from an old underground pit, making the mine self-sufficient and freeing up supplies for use in nearby communities.

NSW copper and gold producer Aurelia told shareholders in November it faced the risk of losing its secured water supply for the Peak base metals mine in the face of the savage drought, as dams run dry and regional centres are forced to prioritise water for households over industry and agriculture.

But that threat has been averted after the NSW government granted a key approval allowing the company to pump water from an old underground mine for use at its Peak operations.

Aurelia said it is still waiting on minor works approvals before it can begin building the 10km pipeline needed to connect Peak to historic Great Cobar mine workings, and access the new water supply, but said in a statement to the market it hoped to receive a final sign-off by the end of the month.

The company will also need to install water purification equipment to ensure the water is fit for use, but said on Wednesday it was already seeking to source the reverse osmosis systems needed.

The Peak mine needs 780 megalitres of water a year to keep running, but work by Aurelia has already cut the drawdown on external water supplies in half, and the latest approval should make the operation self-sufficient for the foreseeable future.

Its nearby Hera mine is already largely self-sufficient, using borefields and mine dewatering as well a recycling to supply its mining needs, with some potable water needing to be trucked in.
    Aurelia shares were down 0.5c to 42c by the middle of the trading day on Wednesday.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $312.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.0¢ 18.5¢ 17.3¢ $792.7K 4.402M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 1952883 18.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.5¢ 198695 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
18.5¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.76 %)
Open High Low Volume
18.0¢ 18.5¢ 17.5¢ 2016865
Last updated 15.58pm 13/05/2024 ?
AMI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.