KIN 2.82% 6.9¢ kin mining nl

@RnR I don't entirely disagree, but I can't quite see how the...

1. 795 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 284
    @RnR I don't entirely disagree, but I can't quite see how the merger would benefit Delphi and not the rest of us.I followed Delphi into DCN and now have GMD shares worth 3X what I paid. I went into SPR (GCY) about the same time, another Delphi company and am up about 5X. Bear in mind Delphi will probably have to sit out a vote of KIN shareholders, and PNX requires a majority of holders as well as a majority of shares, so the small holders can kill the deal if they wish.

KIN have said clearly they were looking to use their cash to advance projects which couldn't be funded. Fountain Head is definitely in that category, and there is reasonable amount of planning in place for a CIL plant for gold and silver (there is a lot more silver than gold there) and then a stage 2 Hayes Ck Zinc Silver and Gold. I think the plan was to produce zinc concentrate, and to process the silver and gold at Fountain Head.

I don't think anyone has proposed mining Uranium .. they have just said they have a permitted deposit ... in my mind that just means something to sell or get a royalty from.

The polymetals at Cardinia are mentioned because they seem to have found them, and the Jupiter polymetals plant is in C&M across the road. Kin has been clear there is no plan for them to do any mining or processing at Cardinia ... they do want to do more drilling to establish the value of what they have.

The risk for the company in the future is GMD and RED merge and all of KIn's ore at Leonora would be stranded surrounded by GMD/RED owned mills ... the mill owners would set any price they liked, unless KIN can afford to leave its gold in the ground until the mill owners were ready to deal fairly. Hence the need for a project which could produce cashflow away from Leonora. Building a plant at Leonora would make no sense ... there is plenty of processing capacity around.

I didn't like the PNX proposal coming out of no where, and I didn't like Delphi being the only obvious connection. But the simpler explantation might be that the Fountain Head / Hayes Ck project is a good fit for KIN's capital, and it is lot easier to negotiate and figure out if the two companies combining will actually work, given the individuals employed, when there is overlap between the boards. It could just that PNX offered a feasible opportunity because of the existing connections. If someone could explain how Delphi could benefit from the merger, but not me, I might be persuaded otherwise.

I will wait and see. Personally I could do without the GMD style hype, but I do want to hear a less generic plan before the vote.
    Last edited by RooBendigo: 18/04/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KIN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.9¢
Change
-0.002(2.82%)
Mkt cap ! $81.29M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.1¢ 7.1¢ 6.9¢ $48.30K 691.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 85000 6.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.9¢ 132890 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.57pm 30/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.9¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 2.82 %)
Open High Low Volume
7.0¢ 7.0¢ 6.9¢ 50700
Last updated 14.57pm 30/04/2024 ?
KIN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.