RED 2.70% 36.0¢ red 5 limited

i think the article on zerohedge ''Dramatic' re-pricing across...

1. 2,554 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 124
    i think the article on zerohedge ''Dramatic' re-pricing across all financial assets coming as the Fed moves away from its 2% inflation target to this - Larry McDonald" is basically click bait albeit containing some valid points. However, why would the FED decide to change their target from 2% to 3% ? what's in it for them ? Even if they did decide that they would not continue to push for 2% (which would require raising cash rate) why would they tell the market this ? again, what's in it for them ? Why would they raise it all the way up to 3%, why not 2.5%. i don't think the FED wants a "dramatic re-pricing" of financial assets, in fact i don't think they want anything "dramatic". FED will just sit on their hand all this year might suggest rates need to go up... or down... keep everyone in suspense and wait till next year to make a change if warranted. In any case, if current cash rate is holding inflation at around 3% why do they need to do anything other than what they are doing now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RED (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
36.0¢
Change
-0.010(2.70%)
Mkt cap ! $2.448B
Open High Low Value Volume
37.0¢ 37.8¢ 36.0¢ $9.825M 26.88M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 1862724 36.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
36.5¢ 2312588 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RED (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.