CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 12,059 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6859
    Hopefully my glasses, are just glasses.
    Really struggle to understand why you believe 1.3g/t is anemic, when... most Australia producers are very happy with open pits grading 1g/t+.
    In fact, I would argue that 1.2g/t or higher is basically now high grade for open pits.
    Many now average under 1g/t.

Even market darling (rightly so) CMM, have an average grade of under 1g/t, yet are literally, the cheapest open pit miner in Australia.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5055/5055545-8aa3639fae906bd1289397ec5bb6a0c8.jpg

Red is likely to have a 1.3g/t (due to Darlot) for both near term, and long term once they go U/G properly at KOTH.
    I only have a small holding in RED, as management have really underperformed in regards to capital raisings and timing of decisions.
    But KOTH.... is a monster of a pit.

As for REDs commissioning, compared to many, its doing fairly well.
    Especially if you compare it to CAI and PNR/TUL. yuck. They have been disasters.

In any case, I appreciate the differing view. 8-10 days of under production is not a big deal, especially if they can catchup with higher grades.
    We will see of course.

As for the fall in the share price, RED only touched $0.26 very briefly, $0.24 down to $0.18 is disappointing, but...WAF is over 30% of its highs.
    WGX is 30% off its highs. CMM is 25% off its highs... I could go on. REDs huge number of shares make it a plaything, so the swings are going to continue to be larger, until as you say, the plant hums...

I am sort of surprised no one has had a tilt at RED, considering there are not other real options for the mid tiers to jump up a production profile with just 1 pit. Anyway, I wonder if RED will give another update in mid March about Febs production. I hope so. As that will hopefully be because they have good news to spruik.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VAU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.