RED 0.00% 34.5¢ red 5 limited

Ann: King of the Hills set for stronger March Quarter, page-19

1. 11,991 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6748
    Hopefully my glasses, are just glasses.
    Really struggle to understand why you believe 1.3g/t is anemic, when... most Australia producers are very happy with open pits grading 1g/t+.
    In fact, I would argue that 1.2g/t or higher is basically now high grade for open pits.
    Many now average under 1g/t.

Even market darling (rightly so) CMM, have an average grade of under 1g/t, yet are literally, the cheapest open pit miner in Australia.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5055/5055545-8aa3639fae906bd1289397ec5bb6a0c8.jpg

Red is likely to have a 1.3g/t (due to Darlot) for both near term, and long term once they go U/G properly at KOTH.
    I only have a small holding in RED, as management have really underperformed in regards to capital raisings and timing of decisions.
    But KOTH.... is a monster of a pit.

As for REDs commissioning, compared to many, its doing fairly well.
    Especially if you compare it to CAI and PNR/TUL. yuck. They have been disasters.

In any case, I appreciate the differing view. 8-10 days of under production is not a big deal, especially if they can catchup with higher grades.
    We will see of course.

As for the fall in the share price, RED only touched $0.26 very briefly, $0.24 down to $0.18 is disappointing, but...WAF is over 30% of its highs.
    WGX is 30% off its highs. CMM is 25% off its highs... I could go on. REDs huge number of shares make it a plaything, so the swings are going to continue to be larger, until as you say, the plant hums...

I am sort of surprised no one has had a tilt at RED, considering there are not other real options for the mid tiers to jump up a production profile with just 1 pit. Anyway, I wonder if RED will give another update in mid March about Febs production. I hope so. As that will hopefully be because they have good news to spruik.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RED (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.