WBT 1.80% $2.26 weebit nano ltd

Going to 28nm without getting to competitive technical...

1. 230 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149
    Going to 28nm without getting to competitive technical parameters at this level is not a great move. Yeah sure you get to 28nm but will it be a viable product? It makes sense that you ensure that the product meets or exceeds industry parameters at this level before going smaller. I think announcing 28nm without proving the technical parameters will be seen as risky and taking short cuts, basically not a good product development move.

As the company announced, the key parameters for a non-volatile memory are retention and endurance. Tests on the latest batch of wafersc conducted by Leti, the French research institute recognised as a global leader in the field of micro-electronics, have shown significant improvement on the previous results, demonstrating retention of over 10 years at 130-150 C – at the forefront of ReRAM technologies. These results at very high temperatures broaden the range of
    potential commercial applications for the Company’s ReRAM technology, most notably automotive applications.
    In addition, the latest batch showed single cells demonstrating endurance of a million cycles, significantlye exceedings flash performance.

Now that the technical parameters are proven to be competitive, it makes sense to proceed to 28nm and get that productionised. As mentioned many times before, timelines in the semiconductor industry are measured in years but I expect the 28nm milestone to be announced mid this year.

Now if you are thinking with your head and not with your mouth that should be reasonable. You always need heart when putting money at this end of the market. What are you even doing here?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.26
Change
0.040(1.80%)
Mkt cap ! $428.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.27 $2.32 $2.22 $1.326M 586.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 72626 $2.25

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.29 9298 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$2.26
  Change
0.040 ( 1.08 %)
Open High Low Volume
$2.28 $2.32 $2.22 74751
Last updated 15.59pm 06/06/2024 ?
WBT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.