KMD 0.00% 40.0¢ kmd brands limited

This a bit of an idiotic statement- KMD is suited in image to...

1. 5,065 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3071
    This a bit of an idiotic statement- KMD is suited in image to the market and ethos Katmandu was formed to serve, & which always been the Katmandu way,
    NZ very much clean green image also.

Time in the outdoors, nil harm , respect for the environment, enjoyable exciting enabled with best protective clothing layers and environmentally friendly materials, leading footwear & light -weight accessories & bags.

My travel umbrella from Katmandu is best I’ve ever had.
    Bought a great lightweight foldaway cream coloured jacket w hood , regular rain and windproof etc, looks like and performs like a non- foldaway jacket, used with the umbrella as required - excellent while travelled some months ago in Europe.
    I was complimented on my jacket even while away!
    Unreal it’s just a folded up jacket & had not even intended to buy a jacket or umbrella until went into Katmandu to buy a bag before I left. But was on sale and the bundle buying gave me points for more shopping etc.

KMD do a decent job of enticing real customers to buy once in store.
    Simple pleasant experience as a shopper. Though rarely visit a Katmandu or any retail shopping stores. Most of us don’t really need to buy much stuff at all, but I believe Katmandu if going anywhere is a very easy shopping experience without too much overwhelm once set foot inside.

I think is also true that if a customer wants a very specific simple purchase , be it shoes or a backpack or protective layers & socks, can go into a larger stocked outdoor and leisure store or big discount or general department store and just buy whatever they want. Or online.
    KMD also have excellent online with free shipping.

Overseas I loved Decathlon stores in France and Europe- apparently the no1 seller of general and even school primary and kinder backpack bags. Big volume sellers.
    Basic generic sports shoes, sports and exercise clothes, swimmers and swim gear, sunscreen even & everything sports rather than outdoor specific & like our warehouse sports shops here in Oz. Not a market for KMD at all.

KMD serves primarily adult, middle income, travelling and niche outdoor leisure and walking buyers. Not sure why talking of virtue signally. KMD set up to be attractive looking stores once inside or on view - fresh smart materials right apparel and footwear & accessories to enjoy the big adventures to be had on trips and in big natural environments outdoors.

Anyway KMD now sells Hokas also.
    Which is excellent and not sure if they have own shoes made by Hokas for KMD stores?
    But I love my Hokas & live in them nearly every day the past 2 1/2 years, & want to buy a new pair soon
    Seriously- I love my Hokas and could never have imagined myself saying this regularly and raving about my regular walking shoes or even wearing them habitually!

Keens look -alike now? (rather than actual Keens?) walking sandals be also popular with many people. Japanese and some Northern European folk seem to like wearing them with socks in mid- summer !
    The own -brand KMD shoes are very like ON international sensation, Swiss I think? brand shoes.

It is difficult to overstate just how popular these shoes are becoming.

I think excellent fantastic walking and every day superb shoes.
    Plus lightweight good accessories, jackets or shells for protection or cool.
    Shoes especially is an enormous market now. And KMD have built own brand and best relationships with the core No1 sought varieties.

Rip Curl is also a valuable brand and Rip Curl stores should not be overlooked in thinking about KMD .

All the best
    Last edited by Aqua65: 21/12/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KMD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
40.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $284.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
40.0¢ 41.0¢ 39.8¢ $188.9K 465.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 30158 40.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
40.5¢ 880 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
40.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.04 %)
Open High Low Volume
40.0¢ 41.0¢ 40.0¢ 54391
Last updated 15.59pm 28/05/2024 ?
KMD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.