LSA 1.96% 5.0¢ lachlan star limited

Ann: Koojan Au-Cu-Ni-PGE JV Project returns anomalous PGE & Au, page-30

1. 9,086 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17573
    I am mindful a lot of discussion is talking about PGE in these threads. The Julimar area is also coming with nickel and copper, so ultimately what is good or bad is a function of the 'éntire' assay/resource as against just Pd/Pt alone. Note that the CHN latest METs are about copper and nickel concentrate with recoverable Pd/Pt in the concentrate - in other words what the main product to be sold by CHN, if mining proves economic there and I am sure the DFS will show it is when they do one, is a nickel concentrate and a copper concentrate (both with Pd/Pt credits in the concentrate).

For me what I would like to be found is a decent nickel sulphide based deposit on LSA's tenements (with or without PGE credits to tell the truth). These deposits are the ones that form Class 1 nickel that ultimately finds its way into batteries, and sulphide deposits are becoming scarcer to find. Obviously I would be happy with copper too, and obviously, if the drill bit proves lucky, both Cu and Ni hopefully, and having nice PGE in them too but I'll just take nickel LOL too. In another thread I posted the difference between nickel laterite and sulphide deposits for those interested, and why sulphide is preferred, noting laterites can be used as well for batteries albeit will most likely have high processing costs attached - Post #:54736372

Whilst I am here and whilst we are not anywhere near here yet as need to find something decent to assess, as a potential future reference these two articles below are relatively ok when determining whether 'grades' are 'low', 'medium' and 'high', albeit how you assess 'grades economics' for Pd/Pt, albeit you need to assess a whole assay. Albeit, such analysis still remain a function of capital cost, operating cost and price within feasibility studies as well as what other minerals are recoverable, as well as to the mining method.

Making the grade: understanding exploration results - MINING.COM

Drilling Results - How Can You Determine if a Mining Company's Drill Results are of Low, Medium or High Grade - UndervaluedEquity.com

All IMO

Last edited by Scarpa: 25/07/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LSA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
-0.001(1.96%)
Mkt cap ! $10.37M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.1¢ 5.5¢ 5.0¢ $12.90K 249.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 43153 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 25000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.57am 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LSA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.